Friday, April 26


Let's take a little break from fashion! One of my new years resolutions was too start cooking more often. The amount of money I spend on feeding myself is crazy, but it's only because I eat out all the time :( Most of the things I eat, i know i can make myself for much less. SO! Moving into my new apartment on April 1st was the perfect occasion to start my cooking resolution. This is one of the meals i'm really proud of. Like, REALLY proud of! It was easy, and it was amazingly delicious! It tasted really mexican and made me crave summer deeply  

I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?!) When I saw the list of ingredients I got a little hesitant 'cause i thought it would be really spicy. So I tweaked a few little things but mainly I decided not to use jalapeƱo peppers. And I didn't find any Chile powder so i used Chili powder instead which I newly LOVE and put on everything!

Here is my version of the recipe, it serves one big-ass plate or 2 smaller ones. 

FISH
1 Atlantic salmon fillet
Olive oil
Freshly ground sea salt & pepper
Chili powder

SALSA
1/2 large grapefruit
1 small, firm but ripe avocado
1/2 small minced red onion
1 Tbs. minced fresh cilantro
Fresh juice from 1 lime 


Before you start, preheat your oven at 375 degrees. Then you prepare the salsa. I peeled the grapefruit like an orange and removed all the extra white bits. I carefully removed the membrane and extracted the grapefruit from the...sockets? (You want the raw grapefruit, nothing else) I cut them into cubes. Then I cut up the avocado and chopped up the onion and cilantro. Mix everything carefully into a bowl. 
(I thought about mushing everything together like guacamole but I stopped myself, not knowing if it was still gonna taste good). Season with lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.

On to the fish! Season the salmon filet with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder. Pop into the oven until cooked in the middle, about 18mins. Once its cooked, scoop the salsa over your fish and
ENJOY! I know i did : )


No comments: